Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Zilker Fashionista

Hello World, I'm here with last Thursday's p.r. report sorry peeps I couldn't log into the blog! Anyway they didn't exactly announce a winner but they announced the 4 people to compete at Fashion week. If you've noticed that's more than usual so all four of the finalists (Mondo, Andy, Michael C., Gretchen) will make a collection and the judges will pick who gets to go to fashion week. The challenge was to use something in New York as an inspiration.
The worst part about the last p.r. was that April doesn't get to show a collection at fashion week!Here's the contestant's inspiration Mondo-Brooklyn bridge, April-Brooklyn bridge, Andy-Central park, Gretchen-Lower east side, Michael-Statue of liberty. Here are pictures of what inspired them. If I were a judge I would have commented on Gretchen's garment,"The lower east side is supposed to be cool and hip this is neither of those." And for Michael's," It is really bland, the slits too high and it reminds me nothing of the statue of liberty." For Andy," Why didn't you keep the flower?" and," Its really elegant but, it looks and reminds me nothing of Central Park." Then for Mondo's I would have said," It's really cute, and feminine,but I've seen this print a lot of times from you!" I predict the finalists will be Mondo, Andy, and Gretchen.
I saw the new copy of Marie Claire and I loved a bright yellow pant. By the way Caela, loved the locket necklace, Finley rock'in the belted skirt, loved Finley and Zoe's matching T's, and I really liked Lily G.'s striped, grey and white hoodie with a red and navy blue shirt! My fashion tips for this week are grey skinny jeans for petite people, colored for long legged peeps and skinny jeans for well skinny peeps! For boys plaid, short sleeved dress shirts and 10- is shoes. Oh and don't forget to leave me comments or iddeas.
Make it work in the world!







No comments: