Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Best band/artist of the day

Before you start reading this, you should know that I will not be focusing on Justin Bieber, Hannah Montana, The Jonas Brothers, or anything of that sort. No offense to people who like that kind of music, I just don't want to disappoint anyone.

So anyway, the band of the day will be THE WHITE STRIPES!!! They are my personal favorite and in my opinion, they are the BEST band on the planet! Jack and Meg White are a "Brother/Sister" duo from Detroit. But the strange thing is that they aren't actually brother and sister. Jack's real name is John Anthony Gillis and they got married and he took her last name.
But anyway, let's talk about what this blog is about. MUSIC! Their style is very versatile, going from punk/rock to even country! They have six albums. The White Stripes, De Stijl, White Blood Cells, Elephant, Get Behind Me Satan, and finally, my personal favorite, Icky Thump. They have a documentary about their tour of Icky Thump in all the provinces of Canada called "Under Great White Northern Lights". (I have watched it SEVEN times!) Jack has also been in a documentary called "It Might Get Loud", a film discussing the electric guitar. It features Jimi Page, from Led Zepplin, The Edge, from U2, and of course, Jack White, from The White Stripes.

I could honestly go on and on about this band, but sadly, my blog must come to an end. I know, I know, it's sad, but you'll just have to wait for the next band!

3 comments:

Katie Pena, Carlene Ogren, and Judi Thompson said...

thats relly mean to people who like that kind of jonas stuff and other junk

Anonymous said...

do the band of horses. pppppppppppppppllllllllllllllllllllll
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssseeeee..

Katie Pena, Carlene Ogren, and Judi Thompson said...

I don't think what I wrote was mean. Uhhh, I think I made it clear that I meant it just to let people know that I won't be writing about that type of music..