Tuesday, May 24, 2011

ZILKER FUN GUY

  • If you are looking for something fun to do on the weekends or in the summer, listen to me! Last time I posted about the fountains at Palmer Events Center Park, and Bubble Tea at Toy Joy. The Austin Children's museum is really fun even though we are not quite children. Even my parents liked it! Think about it, if I am sitting here listening to the Gorillaz (I love the Gorillaz) and this place rings a bell it must be cool! They have arts and crafts stations set up and places where you can make music and stuff like that! If you are there and are feeling like a dork well maybe this will make you feel better: last time I was there these hipster- skater guys pulled up in their motorcycles and started having a good time. The message here is if hipster- skater guys riding motorcycles started having a good time at a little kids museum, you should too. Something else you should do on a sunny day is go down to Lake Austin and SUP (Stand Up Paddle boarding) or kayak or swim. If you have a party boat with swim decks on the back, that would be fine to take out also! If you are scared to go swimming in the chilly water here is some advice: don't tell anyone that you are afraid to jump in because you are basically asking to get pushed in by your best friend. Make sure you wear sunscreen because if you don't the sunburns are the type that turn bright red and start to peel and hurt a lot! I hope you enjoy the Children's Museum or Lake Austin! But until next time.... I hope you have a great day!

2 comments:

ZF said...

I've a;ways wanted to go stand up paddle boarding! Love you title!

Katie Pena, Carlene Ogren, and Judi Thompson said...

that sounds fun
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) i love kayaking!