Monday, May 23, 2011

ZILKER FUN GUY

Hi. If you are looking for something fun during the weekend or summer listen to me! Last time I posted about Barton Springs and the Zilker Botanical Gardens. Next to the Palmer Events Center there is a park. Inside the park there are these holes in the ground and they shoot water out of the little holes. It is extremely fun to run through and it is FREE! Make sure you bring a swimsuit, sunblock and some towels. Heads up: the water is usually just right or extremely cold! If you are thinking about going I would recommend it be an all day thing. If you don't have time during the day, that is perfectly fine. You can go during the night also! It is really cool during the night because they turn on different colored lights by the fountains and they change colors as water comes out of the holes! I give this place five stars! If you would like something that you can chew and drink at the same time I say go to the best store.... Toy Joy! The Toy Joy on campus has a food and drink bar where you can get the delicious "Bubble Tea". There are numerous flavors to choose from. They range from chocolate lavender to creamy strawberry, peach, mango! My newest favorite is the pineapple, coconut. Bubble Tea is an icy drink with chewy tapioca balls at the bottom. The people at Toy Joy give you a big straw so you can get the tapioca balls. The kid size costs $1.95, the small size costs $2.95, the medium size costs $3.95, and the large size costs $4.95. I hope you enjoy the fountains or Bubble Tea, but until next time I hope you have a great day!