Monday, January 10, 2011

best band/artist of the day

Yo yo music fans!! Today I'm going to write about a band that is totally awesome, but I JUST discovered. They are...

THE RUNAWAYS!!!


Nothing like an all girl band from 70's!!!! This band is super cool but they're a bit out there, so not everyone will like them, but I figured I might just give it a try. The past members are Joan Jett, Cherie Curry, Sandy West, Lita Ford, Peggy Foster, Jackie Fox, and Mickie Steele. The Runaways were formed when both Joan and Sandy, as teenagers, introduced themselves to famous music producer, Kim Fowley. They then found other girl members, including Cherie and created rock n' roll history with the first successful all girl band ever!

They also have a movie about their history that came out last year starring Dakota Fanning as Cherie Curry and Kristen Stewart as Joan Jett. Me and my friend Lucia watched about half, and based on that, I wouldn't recommend this to kids our age or younger. But when you're older, it's a really good movie! Anyways, in all a great band and let me know what you think of them!

Also, UPDATES ON THE KILLS!!!! The album is coming out on April 5th in America and it is called Blood Pressures. To see the track listings or more info, go to the Kills facebook page. Also, they are playing at La Zona Rosa in downtown Austin on April 20th. VERY EXCITED!!!!!!

No comments: