Wednesday, January 5, 2011

best band/artist by grace

Hello peoples! Hope you all had a totally awesome Xmas break! Today is the first time that I'm gonna do an old band! If you consider the 70's old, that is. It is....

THE VELVET UNDERGROUND!!!!!!!!!!

I just got into this band when I heard the Kills version of Pale Blue Eyes and I decided to get their album. So, they were formed NYC and were active from 1965-1963. They were managed by Andy Worhol. The past members are: Lou Reed, John Cale, Sterling Morrison, Angus Maclice, Maureen Tucker, Doug Yule, Walter Powers, and Willie Alexander and on thier first album collaberated with German singer, Nico. They coulld be best described as art-rock, alternative, or at times, folky. They have 3 albums- The Velvet Underground Nico, White Light/White Heat, and with a folkier side, The Velvet Underground. Some of my personal favorites are Pale Blue eyes, and Murder Mystery.



Also, BIG news! On their Facebook page, Alison Mosshart stated that the Kills are officially DONE with their 4th album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It completley made my week when I read about it. If they are any Kills fans out there and you want to get info on when it's coming out or any other info on the Kills right away, then I suggest going on their website, www.thekills.tv, and signing up for the fanclub. All you have to do is put in your email address.

Hugs, kisses and Jack Whites to you all!

1 comment:

cdb said...

Nice grace!