Wednesday, January 19, 2011

band/artist of the day



Hello dudes and girls! The artist of the day is...


PJ Harvey!!! The awesomest girl rocker ever!! (except Alison Mosshart) Like most of the bands I feauture on my blog, her and her band would be best described as, like most of the bands I feature on this blog, art rock, punk rock, experemental, or piano rock.


Polley Jean was born in Dorset, U.K and grew up on a sheep farm in Corscomb. Her parents listened to alot of American blues music, like Jimi Hendrix and Captain Beefheart (who are both AWESOME) which later became a large influence on her music.

She also just dosen't sing, she plays many other instruments too, such as guitar, piano, organ,keyboards, violin, cello, percussion, harmonica, zither, saxaphone, bass, and autosharp. She has 7 studio albums so far. Dry (1992), Rid of me (1993), To Bring You my Love (1995), Is This Desire? (1998), stories From the City, Stories From the Sea (2000), Uh Huh Her (2004), White Chalk (2007), and her new album is coming called Let England Shake is coming out Febuary 14th, 2011.
THANKS FOR READING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

I LOVE IT! I also like the picture of her shes all plain and her dress really pops!